A woman in Telangana murdered her husband, poured acid on her boyfriend’s face so as to help him get a plastic surgery to look like her husband – and live happily ever after.
A Telangana woman took inspiration from a famous Telugu movie and how.
Swathi, a married woman from Nagarkurnool district of Telangana, inspired by the Telugu film ‘Yevadu’ tried to pull off the same plot in real life to kill her husband and live life with her paramour.
Here is the sequence of events:
- Swathi Reddy, along with her boyfriend, murdered her husband Sudhakar Reddy and burned his body in a forest.
- Then, as planned, Swathi poured acid on her boyfriend Rajesh’s face to disfigure him beyond recognition. She then called her husband’s family, informing them that their son has met with an accident.
- The family, along with Swathi, rushed her boyfriend, now posing as Sudhakar, to the hospital for plastic surgery.
- After the surgery, Sudhakar’s family got suspicious of their ‘son’s behaviour’ and called the police.
- The police used the imposter’s fingerprints to match with Sudhakar’s Aadhaar details, to ascertain his identity.
- This finally busted Swathi and her boyfriend’s plot.
- The investigation revealed that the two had killed Sudhakar on November 26 and since then had been planning to further their conspiracy.
- Unaware of this sinister plan, Sudhakar’s family rushed their ‘son’ to a hospital in Hyderabad, only to learn that his body had already been burnt and discarded in a dump.
- Both Swathi and her boyfriend Rajesh have been arrested and sent to judicial custody