Shyamwar Rai, the driver of Indrani Mukerjee today deposed in the CBI court in Sheena Bora murder case. Rai has turned approver in the case.
Shyamwar Rai, the driver and co-accused in the Sheena Bora murder case today deposed before the CBI court in Mumbai. He gave details of the murder plot and told the CBI court that Indrani Mukerjea strangulated Sheena Bora to death.
Former media baron Peter Mukerjea, Indrani Mukerjea and Indrani’s former husband Sanjeev Khanna are the other three accused in the sensational murder case.
Shyamwar Rai was arrested by the Mumbai police in a separate Arms Act case. During questioning he blew lid off the Sheena Bora murder case.
- Sheena Bora was the daughter of Indrani Mukerjea from her earlier marriage. Sheena was killed on April 24, 2012. But the Sheena Bora murder case came to light only in 2015 after Indrani Mukerjea’s driver Shyamwar Rai was arrested in another case.
- Shyamwar Rai turned an approver last year. All the three accused, Peter Mukerjee, Indrani and Sanjeev, are in judicial custody.
- Shyamwar Rai today told the court that Indrani Mukerjea had planned Sheena Bora’s murder in detail. They had carried recce before finalising the location for executing their plan. After deciding the spot for murder, Indrani, as Shyamwar Rai told the court in his deposition, on April 23 in 2012 said, “Ye Sheena ke liye Achchhi jagah hai. Tum bhi jagah yaad rakhna. Kal Aana hai. (This is a good spot for Sheena. You also remember the spot. We have to come here tomorrow)”
- According to Shyamwar, the action began early on April 24, the day of murder. Between 9 am and 10 am Indrani and Shyamwar went to a medical shop to buy six bottles of medicines and hand gloves. Indrani also bought vodka and whiskey bottles, three pairs of shoes – two ladies and one gents – and two sarees.
- Shyamwar Rai told the CBI court that on the day of murder, Sanjeev Khanna met Indrani at the National College, Bandra. A little later, Sheena came in a car driven by Rahul. After Rahul left, Indrani gave a spiked drink to Sheena. When Sheen seemed under control of the spiked drink, Indrani called Sanjeev Khanna to back seat.
- Indrani asked Sanjeev Khanna to cover Sheena’s mouth, Shyamwar Rai told the CBI court, while she strangulated her daughter. Sheena tried to break free, Shyamwar said, but everything fell silent after some time. Sheena’s body was disposed the next day.
- During the previous hearings, police officer Dalvi told the court that Shyamwar Rai “took us to National College, Linking road and pointed out the place where Sheena had been abducted, then to Gagode village, Khopoli to a small valley about 60-70 feet deep where he showed us the place where they had allegedly burnt Sheena Bora with petrol.”
- Dalvi further said, “The accused then took police to his house in Vakola and pointed to the photo of the girl whom they had allegedly killed.”
- “Shyamwar Rai, Indrani Mukerjea and Sanjeev Khanna had conspired against and murdered Sheena and thus I have filed an FIR on behalf of the State with Khar police station against the accused,” Dalvi had told the CBI court.
- Meanwhile, Indrani Mukerjea is likely to be interrogated in another murder case. Maharashtra Minister Ranjit Patil has said that Indrani Mukerjee will be questioned in Manjula Shete murder case. Manjula was killed in Byculla jail in Mumbai.